Suggested Reading Lists are available
Communication Styles for Adults
Communication Styles for Kids
The Game - Thriving on Chaos and Stress
The Robcan Group
31 Meridian Road
Sherwood Park, Alberta
To Know How to Teach We Must Know How They Learn
||Motivating Staff – Getting the Best Possible Results - It is easy to have expectations of our staff. The challenge is motivating our staff to meet those expectations. We often hear people say that their staff lacks motivation or that they are not as motivated as they would like them to be. What does this mean? What can we do to change this perception? Or, is it the reality of the new workplace?
||Respond to People More Effectively – Be Attentive to Communication Styles - Have you ever made one of these statements? “Why don’t people just listen better?” ...
||Motivating and Managing Gen “Y” - A Leadership Challenge - So – what is all the fuss about Generation “Y”? Are they different? Yes. Are they difficult? Different is only difficult when we don’t understand or can’t understand what the difference means. As a leader, manager, supervisor, coach or mentor, what can you do to increase your effectiveness when motivating and managing Generation “Y”? ...|
||Write For Results - Writing well has become a necessity in most workplaces. Many of us spend hours every day sitting in front of our computers sending and receiving emails. Are we getting the results we want?...|
||Making The Team - Choose it or lose it! Teamwork is here to stay. In an ideal world companies would put in teams only those employees who are receptive to the idea. Welcome to the real world. ...|
||The New Leader for the New World of Work - What do we mean when we talk about the new leader? Why is the role of the leader in organizations, businesses and communities changing? Some people lament the loss of traditional leaders. Is it actually a loss or is it just a sign of progress and change? ...|
||Wow! I'm Wonderfully Busy! - We are living and working in a very busy world. Indeed we continue to pick up the pace, do more with less, expect increasing outcomes and demand more from everyone ...|
||Change - Challenge or Resist - Research for the last 8-10 years shows that Canadians are indeed adapting to the changing world we live in...|
- A child’s learning style affects the way he/she approaches every task. One of our challenges is to recognize and respond to individual learning styles ...
The Good Side of the “I” Generation
- In many of my presentations, I discuss the “I” generation. I talk about how the influences of isolation, insulation, independence, individualism, introversion and sometimes indifference to others and things around us ...
Friction - Unresolved Conflict
- The challenge of unresolved conflict is the drain it places on our energy system. Our positive energy is displaced by negative energy resulting from unresolved issues, hurt feelings, fear of more conflict and resentment about the friction it creates. ...
Creating a Positive Productive Workplace
- The old days of “nose to the grindstone – shoulder to the wheel” are gone. People go to work today with a changed expectation and a changed perception...
A Demographic Challenge
- Providing leadership in an Intergenerational Workplace...
- In some office settings, today, people are receiving anywhere from 70 - 180 emails each day. People come into work and have 30 - 35 emails waiting. Sometimes, it feels like people don't sleep anymore - they just stay up sending emails...
Caregiver / Caretaker
- People who respond to emergencies and disasters, people who work in the field of caring for people with special needs, victims of violence, disabilities and long term support are themselves "special" people...
Coaching The Customer
- What is this new idea of “coaching” the customer? What do we mean when we apply the term “coaching” to customer service? What happened to the “them” and “”us” approach?...
Group Dynamics of Dynamic Groups
- Are you a team leader? Do you facilitate meetings or workshops? Do you find yourself in "multi-team" environments - working on a number of different teams with different goals, different mandates and different people? What a challenge this presents in a busy, demanding work environment...
Why Don't They Understand?
- Parents and teachers who want to help children overcome struggles with learning activities are often challenged to understand why they are not understanding! Quite often, the information is repeated over and over again to clarify. But – does it clarify or does it confuse them even more?
- Do we get caught up in doing things the way we’ve always done them ? Do we get set in our ways, unable to evaluate the positive or negative impact of the way we do things ?...
Cheering Them on for Success
- There it is again. The dreaded phone call on my answering machine. “Please call the principal at Chris’ school”. The tone was objective and professional – no hint of the message. Held in suspense, I waited for Chris to come home. When he arrived I queried the reason for the call...
- As parent-teacher interview time approaches, plan for a positive interaction...
Buy Lighten Up for Learning
Buy Lighten Up and Communicate
Buy Writing for the World of Work